- Currently serve on the Editorial Boards of “Journal of Nonparametric Statistics” (Gordon and Breach), “Statistics and Probability Letters” (North Holland), Advancements and Developments in Statistical Science (Aditi Intl.), and Jour. of Indian Society for Probability and Statistics (ISPS). Previously served on the Editorial Boards of Stochastic Modelling and Applications (Calcutta University) and the Journal of the American Statistical Association (Amer. Stat. Assoc.)
as Reviewer for several grant proposals to the National Science
Foundation (USA) and the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research
Council of Canada. Also served as reviewer for Mathematical
Reviews in the areas of Directional data analysis, Stochastic
processes and Limit distribution theory.
over 250 invited talks at universities and conferences in the United
States and abroad, on topics including
problems of weak convergence, directional data, and nonparametric
on several important projects as statistical consultant on problems
that range from the geochemical analysis of lunar rocks to the effects
of discharges from a nuclear power plant on fish and water. See
- Founded and directed the Statistical
(Statlab) at UCSB since 1980.
Barbara/San Luis Obispo Area Chair of the Southern California
Chapter of the American Statistical Association 1984-1990.
as Program Chair for the 197th Meeting of the Institute of Mathematical
July 27-30, 1986.
(1989-90), President-Elect (1988-89), and Vice President (1987-88),
Southern California Chapter of the American
Committee on International Relations in Statistics, American Statistical
in the Visiting Lecturer Program, Committee of Presidents of Statistical
Department of Statistics and Applied Probability, University of
- Member, Outreach Committee, International Indian Statistical Association
- President of the International Indian Statistical Association
- Chair, Nominations Committee of the IISA, 2011.
- External Examiner in Mathematics, Universiti Brunei Darussalam,